COMMUNITY & FESTIVAL ARTISTS
Shop Talk Reception
Center Stage Theater
10:00 – 11:00
Group Alpha Warm-Up
Group Alpha performs for Group Omega
Lunch-time Business Development – Suggested Discussions
1. If you have a dance company, how is it organized? Do you have your own 501 (C) 3, or are you an umbrella under some other non-profit?
2. How do you fund your work? What percentage comes out of your own pocket, how much from donors, government agencies, non-profits & foundations. Do you have any tips or thoughts on this?
3. Do you manage both the administrative and the creative? If so, how do you manage the workload?
4. Where do you rehearse out of and what is your rehearsal rhythm.
5. Do you work year round or do you
6. What is rehearsal space availability/cost like in your community.
7. What funding resources are there for the movement arts in your community?
8. What existing Festivals/Showcases are there in your community that would welcome someone from another city to participate in – are they hard to get into?
9. What is the political climate like in your movement arts community?
Group Omega Warm-Up
Group Omega performs for Group Alpha
Day by Day >